The Symposium Ultra Platform evolved from our first product, the Super Platform, and was created in an attempt to push the performance limits for a solid equipment platform further than had previously been possible. Experiments and listening tests in many different types of systems indicated that those aspects of the Super which could directly benefit lay in the thickness of the foam center section (which serves as a "heat sink" that converts mechanical energy to heat) and in additional constrain layering of the critical top layer. Also, a new, larger coupler was made which would provide more surface area contact between the Ultra's top and the equipment chassis. 3 Precision Couplers included
- The Ultra retains the following features of Symposium energy absorption construction:
- Ordered constrained-layer construction
- Superior energy dissipation with low reflection back to the component
- Solid platform with no "bounce"
- No leveling problems
- No leakage problems
- Virtually no weight limit
- Performance independent of its support structure
- Ideal interface for Rollerblocks, cones, and hard "footer devices."
- Resonance-free isolation of upper 9 octaves of the audible range
- Zero interaction problems with tuned suspensions of turntables
- NOT designed or intended for isolation of extremely low frequency footfall problems - see "Ultra Analog" page
- Will further improve analog turntable sound quality when used with or without additional low frequency isolation devices
Suitable for use as dedicated platforms or as replacement shelves in existing racks and stands, Symposium platforms allow you to realize optimum performance from your audio and video components by draining and dissipating mechanical energy without unwanted resonances. Symposium platforms also make the perfect companion to Rollerblock systems