Considered a watershed industry event, the introduction of the Klipschorn set the standard for high sensitivity, wide dynamic range, low distortion, and smooth frequency response. These principles, which drive the creation of every single Klipsch loudspeaker, are what make the Klipschorn as sought after today as it was decades ago.
As the only speaker in the world to be in continuous production for over 65 years, the Klipschorn has remained relatively unchanged since its inception. In 2005, the company made some minor cosmetic and functional revisions to this legendary speaker, including the elimination of the inset collar, or spacer, between the upper and lower cabinets for a cleaner aesthetic appearance. A horizontal wall seal was added to improve the low frequency horn's response accuracy.
Click here for Klipsch's Heritage Series Owner's Manual.
- Frequency Response: 33Hz-17kHZ(+-) 4db
- Sensitivity: 105dB @ 1watt/1meter
- Power Handling: 100 w max continuous (400 w peak)
- Maximum Acoustic Output: 121dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Tweeter: K-77-D 1" (2.54cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
- Midrange: K-55-X 2" (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
- Mid Frequency Horn: Exponential Horn
- Woofer: K-33-E 15" (38.1cm) Fiber-composite cone/ horn-loaded with a trihedral exponential folded
- Crossover Frequency: HF: 4500 Hz & MF: 450 Hz
- Enclosure Material: Birch Plywood & MDF
- Enclosure Type: Fully horn-loaded
- Input Connections: 5-way binding posts/ Bi-wire capable
- Dimensions: 50.75 H (128.91 cm) x 31.25 W (79.38) x 28.25 D (71.75 cm)
- Weight: 175 lbs unboxed
- Finishes: Walnut Lacquer, Cherry Lacquer, Black Lacquer
- Built From: 1946
Please Note: Klipsch Heritage Series products are built to order, handmade in the US at our Hope, Ark. manufacturing facility.