Because of its relatively "compact" size, this model offers the greatest degree of placement flexibility in the Heritage Series line. First introduced in 1957, the Heresy, a three-way design, started out as a compact center channel speaker to accompany the Klipschorn® in three-speaker stereo arrays.
In 1985, we made some changes and improvements to this model and re-released it as the Heresy II. Today, the new Heresy III has a more powerful woofer, a bi-wire network, and a titanium diaphragm tweeter with a larger magnet assembly. The midrange compression driver also features a new titanium diaphragm.
In addition to delivering smooth, dynamic and low distortion sound, the Heresy III is available in a high-quality cherry, walnut or black ash wood veneer finish. Included is a slant riser base for floor placement that can be removed for cabinet installations.
Click here for Klipsch's Heritage Series Owner's Manual.
- Frequency Response: 58Hz-20kHz(+-)3dB
- Sensitivity: 99dB @ 1watt/1meter
- Power Handling: 100 w max continuous (400 w peak)
- Maximum Acoustic Output: 116dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Tweeter: K-107-TI 1" (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
- High Frequency Horn: Tractrix Horn
- Midrange: K-53-TI 1.75" (4.45cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
- Mid-Frequency Horn: Exponential Horn
- Woofer: K-28-E 12" (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone
- Crossover Frequency: HF - 5000Hz & LF - 850Hz
- Enclosure Material: MDF
- Enclosure Type: Sealed
- Dimensions: 23.81" H (60.48 cm) x 15.5" W (39.37 cm) x 13.25" D (33.66 cm)
- Weight: 44 lbs unboxed
- Finishes: Walnut Lacquer, Cherry Lacquer, Black Lacquer
- Built From: 2006
Please Note: Klipsch Heritage Series products are built to order, handmade in the US at our Hope, Ark. manufacturing facility.