PLEASE CONTACT US FOR SHIPPING RATES: Units are shipped via Canada Post Xpresspost or FedEx International Economy.
New e28 Mark II features include auto–power up after sleep and user adjustable power down after inactivity, a maximum volume limiter when the output of the DAC is used to directly drive a power amplifier, and MP3Safe™ software protection against clipping caused by faulty or erroneous signal processing and data manipulation. The limiter allows the e28 to directly drive a power amplifier while protecting your loudspeakers from damaging overloads. MP3Safe analyzes incoming musical information, and safeguards against poorly formed data words caused by errors in lossy encoding and digital signal processing. MP3Safe takes the crunch out of your lower resolution music.
In addition to standard firmware and driver components, the Mark II hardware also has new added features. These include a redesigned, more substantial and deeply sculpted front escutcheon, and the ability to extinguish the display light via the e28’s included IR remote for no visual distractions while listening. A 12V trigger output has been added for amplifier sequencing and automation.
STANDARD IN QUALITYOur flagship multichannel model, the e28 is a third generation DSD256 DAC. It offers the highest digital audio resolution available on the market today. e28 has vanishingly low distortion and noise levels, and astonishingly clean analog-like sound. Time–smearing jitter, that killer of realistic temporal reproduction, has been pushed down to miraculously low levels via the ZeroJitter™ asynchronous USB interface.
The octal 32 bit ESS SABRE9018S is configured in the e28 as a true eight channel converter. Careful consideration of the drive design and overall user experience makes multichannel playback as easy as stereo.
Our e28 DAC features the exclusive FemtoMaster™ 82 femtosecond clock for super–low distortion, a reference headphone amplifier that’s able to drive even difficult planar magnetic headphones, heavy duty passivated European RCA connectors and American engineered passivated Amphenol XLRs.
INNOVATIVE DESIGN »« AFFORDABLE PERFECTIONThe difference is obvious from your very first listen, even with an ordinary Compact Disc. The e28 DAC offers a very neutral presentation, and the more resolving your system, the better it can perform. With very high quality HRA studio masters, you will hear the music literally as it was recorded, with nothing added and nothing taken away.
- Sample Rates: ENclusiv™ comprehensive sample rate support
- Converter Core: ESS Technologies 9018S Classic SABRE32 reference monolythic 8 channel DAC
- USB Input: Proprietary ZeroJitter™ asynchronous USB interface with error correction on classic B–Type connector, USB cable included
- Host Support: Custom, high performance Mac OS & Windows ASIO drivers; MAC Core Audio drivers with DoP256 support.
- Player Application Support: Automatic sampling rate switching, software upsampling up to 384 kHz PCM and DSD4
- 0.13 ps master clock with jitter minimization utilizing 3 three precision oscillators
- FemtoMaster™ super–low jitter 0.082ps (82fs) master clock available on the e28 FC and e28 FX models.
- Power Conditioning: 15 linear power filtering stages
- Host Noise Rejection: Galvanic isolation between the USB subsystem and the DAC circuitry eliminates ground loop noise and blocks computer–generated interference
- Headphone Output: Second generation headphone amplifier, 2W into 16Ω to drive even low impedance and low sensitivity headphones
- Digital Inputs: Two S/PDIF inputs provide jitter reduction and superb D/A conversion when used with CD transports
- Analog Outputs: Gold–plated unbalanced RCA or balanced Mini-XLR line outputs
- Power Management: 12V Trigger output
- Remote Control: Included 7 button Apple remote, the e28 can be easily programmed to work with most IR remotes
- Color: Silver casing