Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Ella In Hollywood
Quality of the recoding is very good. The flaws in the original recording remain in terms of the limitations of the miking available at the time. Ms. Fitzgerald is in top form with the "scat" lyrics she substitutes for tor the published lyrics when she can't remember them. For this reason, the album may not be to everyones taste but her prefedct pitch enables her to carry it off.
Good performance.I love it.
The sound is very good
Title: Ella In Hollywood
Artist(s): Ella Fitzgerald vocals
Bass – Wilfred Middlebrooks
Drums – Gus Johnson
Guitar – Jim Hall
Piano – Lou Levy
Recording Info: Transferred from a 15ips 2-track tape
Producer: Norman Granz
Recorded live at The Crescendo, Hollywood in 1961 by Verve
1. This Could Be The Start Of Something Big 2:23
2. I've Got The World On A String 3:47
3. You're Driving Me Crazy 3:20
4. Just In Time 1:55
5. It Might As Well Be Spring 3:00
6. Take The "A" Train 9:27
7. Stairway To The Stars 3:47
8. You'll Have To Swing It Mr. Paganini 4:27
9. Satin Doll 2:51
10. Blue Moon 3:20
11. Baby, Won't You Please Come Home 3:48
12. Airmail Special 5:42
Total Time: 47:47