- Ernest Ansermet Collection
- Rimsky-Korsakov Symphony No.2 - (Antar) - Ernest Ansermet L'Orchestre
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!
Ansermet's Antar symphony
Decca's earliest ever stereo recording sounds better than ever in this incarnation. Ansermet had a good feel for Russian music, but his orchestra was never more than second tier. Still, this is a genuinely historic, as well as historical, release, and well worth the listening,
More great Russian Romantics from a great conductor.
Rimsky-Korsakov Symphony No.2 - (Antar) - Ernest Ansermet L'Orchestre De La Suisse Romande
R-K is a great composer, this is a great symphony, beautifuly interpreted and transferred.
Yes, Decca's first stereo classical recording, from 1954. They got a lot right first time out... Not a symphony, of course, this is a four-movement tone poem. Interesting and decent sonics, but a bit on the short side in terms of playtime.
Title: Rimsky-Korsakov Symphony No.2 - (Antar)
Artist(s): Ernest Ansermet L'Orchestre De La Suisse Romande
Recorded 1954 by Decca
Producer James Walker Engineer: Roy Wallace
Recorded at Victoria Hall, Geneva
1. Largo - Allegro giocoso - Adagio - Largo - (Tempo I) 11:55
2. Allegro - Molto allegro - Meno mosso, allargando - Allegro (Tempo I) 5:11
3. Allegro risoluto alla marcia 5:42
4. Allegretto vivace - Andante amoroso - Animato assai - Tempo I 8:29
Total Time: 31:17
Mastered in Pure DSD256